Repeat prescriptions are issued for medication which your doctor has agreed you need to take on a regular basis. These are usually issued on a two monthly basis, but you will need to see your doctor periodically so that your treatment can be monitored.
New patients will need to be seen by the doctor before any current medication can be issued.
You may request medication using any of the following methods but please allow 2 working days’ notice.
- Use the order form attached to your prescription, tick the items you require and hand it in at reception.
- Use the order form attached to your prescription, tick the items you require and send it through the post enclosing a SAE if you require your prescription posting back to you, or you may collect it yourself at the surgery, or arrange for someone else to collect it for you.
- If you do not have your order form you may write down the items you need including the name of the drug, the strength how often you take them and how many you have.
- You can order by e-mail by e-mailing your name, date of birth and items you need to:- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively you can order your prescription using our on-line services via the link at the top of this page. To take advantage of this service you will need to create a “VOS” account.
Electronic Prescription Service
This service replaces the need for patients to collect their paper prescription from the surgery. The prescription will go electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. If you would like to take advantage of the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) please let the receptionist or chosen pharmacy know. For further information about this click on the link below or download the patient information leaflet.